packaging system (was: Re: GCC 3.3.2 kernel)

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 30 12:26:29 PST 2003

-On [20031030 19:22], Lewis, Todd (todd.lewis at xxxxxx) wrote:
>4) You dislike the package/package-devel split?  Are you kidding me?  You
>would inflict header files on people building embedded systems because
>you're too lazy to add a package name to your dependency list?  This is,
>again, a little egocentric.

I honestly wonder if you have done any embedded work, because I know
from experience embedded people almost (99.9999% of the cases _I_ know)
use stock source code and binaries.

Though it may sound harsh I do think this point is moot.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Avert the danger that has not yet come...