DragonFly and FBSD 5.1

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 27 09:19:28 PST 2003

-On [20031027 18:02], Soren Schmidt (sos at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Well I dont do much on 4.x anymore (lack of time), and the changes
>there are more or less to get PAE to work and not done by me.

That's ok.  It is something I hope to tackle for DF.  Also need to fix
stuff on ISO 9660 and UDF, but I am digressing.

>However, there are some very radical changes in -current which are
>needed (one could say mandatory) for supporting many of the new controllers
>appearing these days, but thats a totally different story..

CURRENT's snap boot completely to the installation utility now.
Unfortunately, yesterday's SNAP fails with a page fault after I have
configured my xl0 interface, tried it twice, both times a page fault.
Now to check the day before yesterday.

Soren, what on earth could it be that allows 5.1 to probe the Maxtor
normally and yet have 4.9 fail with a READ command timeout?  5.1 btw
sees it as an UDMA133 drive and GEOM creates the disk node.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
The earth laughs in flowers...