Athlon64 support

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Oct 25 10:16:52 PDT 2003

    Ok guys, I've ordered an Athlon64 (UP) box with a ASUS K8V
    motherboard, which hopefully FreeBSD-5.x's ATAng supports (but I'm
    not sure).  The MB has both ATA/133 and SATA so I'm hoping it can
    serve as a testbed for development and testing ATA as well as
    the primary purpose of starting work on an AMD64 port.  Hopefully
    by the time I get it I'll have the namecache stuff done well enough
    to move on.

    I've been reading up on the AMD64.  It looks fairly straightforward to
    me assuming the compiler and assembler support is there.