Kip's checkpointing code is now in the tree.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 20 09:53:23 PDT 2003

:>     for yuchs, load up the module and start a cat /usr/share/dict/words
:>     going, then ^E it.  Then ^C it and 'checkpt -r cat.ckpt' to restart
:>     the one as of your checkpoint.  That is soooo cool.
:
:Yeah, this works nicely. Great work!
:
:I have a nit though: kill(1) doesn't seem to know about the checkpoint
:signals (I have to give them by hand by specifying signals 33 or 34). Maybe
:they can be added in?
:
:Cheers,
:Emiel
:--

    Kenneth Culver has volunteered to fix kill, and he'll have a go at
    the serial console issue after that (but don't let that disuade anyone
    else from helping track down the serial console issue, which is far
    more serious then kill -l).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>