Documentation generation

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Oct 19 08:23:44 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 09:47:48AM +0100 I heard the voice of
Hiten Pandya, and lo! it spake thus:

> 	I would rather prefer documenting the necessary/important
> 	functions by hand in a DragonFly Kernel Handbook, which keeps
> 	things clean, and also allows detailed explanations.

Note that I'm slowly (every so slowly!) writing a mailbox access library.
However, one of the early things I did in it was writing a SGML
application for library documentation.  It's not, of course, as general
and rich as Docbook, but it IS aimed specifically at documenting data
structures and functions in a library.

You can see some samples of the output and a tarball of the source that
created it at <http://libpostal.sourceforge.net/docs/>.

Something along those lines might be useful; trying to do that specific a
kind of documentation in a general language like Docbook can be ugly.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx