splitting fnctl(), ioctl()

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 13 08:26:11 PDT 2003

:Now that I'm back in town and had a chance to look at fcntl() again, I agree
:that this is a better approach.  The syscall does copyin/copyout's only on
:a struct flock.  Thus, I think kern_fcntl() will be prototyped as:
:
:int kern_fcntl(int fd, int cmd, struct flock *fl);
:
:For any cmd that doesn't take a struct flock, I'll just pass a null pointer.
:
:The ioctl() syscall will be an entirely different story.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    Allright, sounds good.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>