DragonFly and FBSD 5.1

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 27 22:40:14 PST 2003

-On [20031027 23:12], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    Maybe a 'hit 0 now to run the ATA driver in PIO mode.  5...4...3...2...1'
>    feature in the driver during booting for debugging purposes.  It would
>    take min(the number you press, what it would have done otherwise).
>
>    (and also support hitting 1, 2, 3, 4, etc..).
>
>    I'm only half joking!

To be honest I've been thinking about a safe mode boot for
FreeBSD/DragonFly and then I was booting the 5.1 snapshots and saw that
daemon boot screen.  I must say I like the options.  For all the faults
Windows has and might have the options for booting _do_ make sense.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
It's so simple to look at every little thing I do wrong, it's so simple to
overlook every little thing I do right...