Microkernel architecture?

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon Oct 27 12:46:57 PST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:12:19 -0800, Kip Macy <kmacy at xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have a look at Xen. The performance is very close to native and the
interfaces are simpler for purposes of running multiple instances. I've
started doing work to support dbsd, but at the moment I'm waiting for my
new desktop to arrive. My last one died in a puff of smoke last week.
Thanks for the hint. Looks promising.

I extend my dreams towards a "real-world", microkernel based, BSD-like,
multiserver
(= non-monolithic) operating system (meaning that most drivers run in
separte address
spaces and therefor cannot crash whole kernel).
Not sure if such an os could be called BSD anymore.

Regards,

  Michael