DragonFly and FBSD 5.1

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Wed Oct 22 06:16:15 PDT 2003

Michel Salim wrote:
Hi,

I was in the midst of downloading FreeBSD 5.1 when I read about DragonFly's
process checkpointing. I then proceeded to read the DragonFly discussion on
Slashdot and the goals posted on the website, and thought it worth checking
out.
	Cool!  Now that you say it, I should probably write up a little
	article/docco for DragonFly's Process Checkpointing capability.
The question now is whether I could have it coexisting with FreeBSD 5.1. I
have not used FreeBSD recently so these are the only ISOs I have. Does
DragonFly have support for UFS2, or would I have to explicitly tell FreeBSD
to create UFS1 partitions? Should I not bother and just download
the -miniinst and -disc2 ISOs?
	DragonFly does not have support for UFS2, yet.  Some of us are
	working on it, but it is a tough cookie to handle.  Anyways,
	you would need to tell FreeBSD to explicitly create UFS1
	partitions to make it coexist with DragonFly.
	Hope this helps,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx