Worlds greatest kernel

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Tue Oct 7 20:36:58 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:12:54PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     As a goal I far prefer CPU virtualization (byte code like) because the
>     operating system can generate a run-time binary image and cache it in
>     memory or swap.  I have played the CPU virtualization game before, using
>     my DICE compiler as a base.  It is definitely a tough nut to crack.

There was a recent slashdot post about Xen:

  <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/>

  "Xen is a virtual machine monitor for x86 that supports execution
  of multiple guest operating systems ... and [we] are planning a
  FreeBSD 4.8 port in the near future..."

Would these people's scheme dovetail into DragonflyBSD?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert at xxxxxxxxxxx>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842