Head's up... be sure to recompile /bin/sh

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Oct 14 16:07:25 PDT 2003

    /bin/sh had a bug in it where sys_siglist[] was not checked for NULL
    in one case, and NSIG instead of sys_nsig was used in several other
    cases.  This makes /bin/sh die with signal 11 on /etc/rc when you boot
    with a new world, though you can still get a manual /bin/sh to work
    (thankfully!).

    I just committed fixes to both libc and /bin/sh.  /bin/sh is the critical
    one.

    The bug was introduced when Kip and I bumped NSIG to 64.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>