make buildworld problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 26 10:51:09 PST 2003

:Hello everyone,
:
:I checked out the src for dfbsd into /usr/src. But when I do the first
:thing, which is "make buildworld", I get a make error in "stage 4".
:
:The error is after ===>include
:
:Here's what I get -
:
:===> include
:...
:__FreeBSD_version' $RELDATE >> osreldate.h;  echo "#endif" >> osreldate.h
:make: no target to make.
:*** Error code 2
:

    I can think of two things:  (1) Did you check DFly out over the FreeBSD
    source accidently?  Be sure to check it out into a clean (empty) /usr/src.
    e.g. cd /usr; rm -rf src; cvs -d /home/dcvs checkout src.

    And, (2), more likely, is that you did not wipe your /usr/obj.  In
    particular, if your /usr/src is not a softlink somewhere you would need
    to wipe /usr/obj/usr/src to get rid of the old FreeBSD cruft in the
    object tree.  Easiest thing to do is:

	rm -rf /usr/obj
	chflags -R noschg /usr/obj
	rm -rf /usr/obj