SCO after BSD settlement

David Leimbach leimy2k at mac.com
Thu Nov 20 06:49:28 PST 2003

On Nov 20, 2003, at 2:07 AM, Bill Huey (hui) wrote:

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 08:16:32AM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
off the stage and quite thoroughly debunked. With both IBM and Red Hat
now demanding in court that SCO show its cards, the company came to
realization that it was either at the end of the trail or that it had
broaden its horizons.

They've chosen the latter. CEO Darl McBride, in fact, used the term
"broad and deep" several times in his remarks, and that was no
accident.
Since they cannot show infringement of SCO Unix code, SCO now plans to
challenge the 9-year-old settlement between AT&T and BSD. If it can
successfully do that, then its claims that Linux contains tainted code
can be substantiated. If it can't, SCO is dead meat.
SCO will lose and they will get dumped by everybody. But then again,
folks
in California voted Arnold into power, so who knows what's going to
happen.

I have basically come to 2 conclusions.

1) We live in the Matrix.
2) Salvadore Dali's paintings are an accurate reflection of reality and
life
     as we know it is a lie.

:)

I will switch ALL of my coding efforts to the Microsoft platform before
I work
on any SCO bullshit.  Then I will make plans to do something else with
my
career choice because clearly its not possible to be a sane person in a
sane
society where this crap is allowed.

Perhaps I should just move to Europe...

All you can do is keep coding and hope that IBM/RedHat sort all of
this out.

bill