SCO after BSD settlement

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Nov 20 00:19:35 PST 2003

On Thursday, 20 November 2003 at  8:16:32 +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> Just to keep people informed:
>
> from
> http://www.newsforge.com/business/03/11/18/1742216.shtml?tid=2&tid=82&tid=85&tid=94

> [end]
>
> Am I glad I live in the Netherlands and that all this crap doesn't
> influence me directly.  Because what SCO is doing would be called
> blackmail and extortion here, not to mention slandering.

Indeed.  That's pretty much the way people tend to see it here in
Australia, too.

> Not sure how it might impact you Matt.

I don't believe that SCO has the slightest intention of suing the
BSDs.  If any, then Apple.  The rest just doesn't make business sense.
Say what you may, what SCO has done so far *does* make business sense.
Look at their stock price.  That's the real reason for this particular
statement too IMO.  And yes, I'm speaking only for myself.

Greg
--
Finger grog at xxxxxxxxx for PGP public key.
pgp00011.pgp