CMOS breakage culprit found (?)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Nov 17 21:53:21 PST 2003

:        /* do a STARTUP IPI */
:        lapic.icr_lo = icr_lo | 0x00000600 | vector;
:        while (lapic.icr_lo & APIC_DELSTAT_MASK)
:                 /* spin */ ;
:        u_sleep(200);           /* wait ~200uS */
:
:Can someone else who has been experiencing CMOS damage verify this?
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    I'm an idiot.  No, it's true... I'm an idiot.  I never turned off
    debugging in mpboot.s and the debugging writes to CMOS.  I turned it
    off in the C code, but I never turned it off in mpboot.s.  Frag.

    I've just turned it off.  Someone please tell me that they aren't
    getting CMOS corruption any more!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>