Grids for the bored

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Nov 17 11:14:21 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:25:32AM -0500, Joshua Coombs wrote:

> "Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai" <asmodai at xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:20031115202124.GU11295 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > If there are people out there who are bored and don't know how to
> hack
> > the kernel or something, why not look at:
> >
> > http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ and
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/sge/ and see if you can get it
> working
> > on DragonFly?
>
> Sounds like a good warm up, I'll give it a go.

If you do this, ignore the patches and work in CVS.  It will be much
easier.  FYI, the port probably doesn't work on 64-bit machines at the
moment since I haven't tested it, and the defaults for some values
really suck (for instance the default type of what should be uint32_t is
unsigned long).

-- Brooks

pgp00010.pgp