**HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Sat Nov 15 13:02:58 PST 2003

I just cvsup'd the latest sources a couple hours ago.  Rebuilt
everything and all seems fixed -- there's no panic loading the modules
anymore (I put them back in my loader.conf) but I get this crazy output:

Preloaded elf kernel "/kernel" at 0xc03f1000.
Preloaded elf module "/modules/snd_es137x.ko" at 0xc03f1238.
link_aout_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm.ko' from filesystem this early
link_aout_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm' from filesystem this early
link_elf_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm.ko' from filesystem this early
link_elf_load_file: cannot load 'snd_pcm' from filesystem this early
Preloaded elf module "/modules/snd_pcm.ko" at 0xc03f12e4.
Is this what we want or what's going on here?

--James

Matthew Dillon wrote:

<snip>

    It looks like snd_pcm declares its module properly so the fix I did
    last night should catch the situation and skip the snd_pcm preload if
    it is already in the kernel.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>