trap.c: Why do we save tf_edx in sysmsg_fds[1]?

David Leimbach leimy2k at mac.com
Mon Nov 10 11:35:03 PST 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 12:28 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:09:44AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     Now, practically speaking matter edx is not a saved-used
register so it
:>     shouldn't matter if it gets munged on return, so theoretically
we can
:>     get rid of the edx assigned.  But that could break some obscure
:>     bit of compatibility so I'd rather leave things as is.
:
:I thought it would be really cool to pull the zero %edx on exec cruft
:into trap.c.  I guess one hack that we know works is better than
:a different hack that causes gross uncertainty.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.
daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:
http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    I'll document the edx assignment in trap.c so nobody else falls
into the
    same trap.  heh.  get it?  falls into the same trap?  Sigh, my
humor is
    getting horrible these days.

Yes.... sometimes it's just not "punny".

Dave

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>