XFree86-4-libraries build failure

Aaron Malone aaron at munge.net
Tue Nov 25 14:32:46 PST 2003

Eli Scott wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Not sure if this is my fault, or the fault of DragonFly, but after
> installing 1.0 today (from the latest ISO available, then cvsup'ed the
> source, dfports, and freebsd ports and built/installed world/generic
> kernel), I tried to install X, and it choked
> on XFree-4-libraries.  The following message was spat out:
[snip]
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lXThrStub

I ran into this not long ago as well.  I believe it to be related to the
name change, particularly the OSVERSION checks.  I don't have a DragonFly
test box set up at the moment, but if I can get one running later tonight,
I'll take a look at that.  (No guarantees, I'm a relative newcomer to ports
internals ;))

The OSVERSION checks have the potential to cause a lot of problems when
using freebsd ports.  A quick grep shows over 800 such test in the ports
tree...

--
Aaron Malone
aaron at xxxxxxxxx