ATA errors.

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Wed Nov 19 20:38:37 PST 2003

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
I know for a fact that ad0, and the cable, are both ATA100.  And I'm
highly doubtful that there's anything actually wrong with the drive
itself.
Any idea if this might be something with the ata driver?
Even though the cable is rated ATA100, try replacing it.  I've had
mysterious errors along these lines vanish (which I attribute to either
a few too many kinks in the cable, flaky/oxidized connectors, cable
gnomes, ...).

In particular, I've had bad luck with the round cables they sell for
improved airflow.