HEADS UP: Name change committed

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Nov 18 20:35:11 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:03:04 -0800, Galen Sampson wrote:

> Matthew Dillon wrote:
>>     Ok, the namechange has been committed.  We are now officially
>>     DragonFly 1.0-CURRENT!  Drumroll, fanfare, complaints, etc..
>
> Nice work!  It'll be nice to log into a dragonfly box and not have it
> say "FreeBSD-4.8 STABLE".

That get me wondering what's DragonFly's plan to have branches? Same as
what FreeBSD has? Often, the STABLE branch confuse many people because of
name of its branch, which RELENG_X_X is more stable and for production.

Yes, I know there has handbook that explain about it, but it seems like
that it doesn't explain clear enough to many people as far from what I
have seen. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--