Renaming the system to 'DragonFly'

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Tue Nov 18 12:29:49 PST 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I think the ports override(dfports) will become useless as to the number
:of ports
:that will become broken....
:
:-DR

   It's quite possible.  I will leave the FreeBSD preprocessor symbols intact,
   though, so it may not be as bad as all that.  The main issue is going to
   be configure scripts that use 'uname', which means it may be possible to
   write a hack that will 'unbreak' most ports.

Yes, I think the -lgnumalloc issue along with others are coming from the
configure
scripts that see an unknow uname and :default to some type of Gnu-Linux.

-DR