**HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

Robin P. Blanchard robin.blanchard at gactr.uga.edu
Tue Nov 18 08:07:49 PST 2003

> I still can neither boot a static fxp/miibus kernel nor a
> modular kernel with sources as of this morning (EDT). I'm
> using a modular 4.9 kernel (kernel + if_fxp + miibus)
> temporarily. Attached is modular kernel config. World/Kernel
> built/installed appropriately...

Okay. I can again boot a dfbsd (modular) kernel. However, given my
loader.conf:

if_fxp_load="YES"
snd_es137x_load="YES"
linux_load="YES"

hw.ata.atapi_dma=1
kern.maxusers=0
hw.pci.enable_io_modes=1
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1

The machine only shows the following modules loaded (once booted):
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    4 0xc0100000 28a600   kernel
 2    1 0xc038b000 1c04c    linux.ko
 4    1 0xc03b3000 17428    miibus.ko
 6    1 0xc03d2000 1987c    snd_pcm.ko

Interesting that fxp and es137x do not get loaded but their dependents do.
Also, at the boot loader, if I do an lsmod, *all* modules report to be
preloaded.

I'm simply loading the missing if_fxp.ko and snd_es137x.ko by hand once
booted in the itnerim.