AFS and Dragonfly?

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Mon Nov 17 06:13:42 PST 2003

* David Rhodus (drhodus at xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Interesting, though this is one topic I'm more open to talk about
> the number of actual users. Everywhere I've setup AFS we've
> always run into some kind of license issue. Perhaps that blind
> sights me too much and makes me want to stomp on it.  :-)

Well, I haven't even looked at the license carefully yet, but at first
glance it's GPL-like (as in, derivative works need to use the same
license). Server usage shouldn't be affected as much.

I also already hit my first snag in getting the thing running. The
latest CVS snapshot blindly assumes FreeBSD-CURRENT (awk-based vnode_if
scripts etc.), and fails compilation. Guess I'd have to fetch something
less recent.

Cheers,
Emiel