Redundant declaration of __mbstate_t

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Nov 14 11:57:30 PST 2003

::There is a redundant declaration of __mbstate_t in both /usr/include/machin=
::e/
::ansi.h and /usr/include/machine/stdint.h  This currently breaks the build o=
::f=20
::gcc33 from ports.  Should there perhaps be an #ifndef to protect this inste=
::ad=20
::of removing one which could possibly break more software?  Also is anyone=20
::else having consistantly dropped buffers at reboot?  I have at least 6 give=
::n=20
::up on every boot, even if I unmount everything except root before rebooting.
::
::=2DCraig
:
:    /usr/include/machine/ansi.h no longer exists... what you see in
:    there is a stale copy of the file.
:
:    Basically we need to modify gcc33 not to try to include it, and also
:    not to try to #define over __size_t.
:

    I am going to modify the Makefile's to add a list of header files to remove
    so this does not create more confusion down the line.

    I considered making ansi.h just #include stdint.h, but that's a bit too
    crufty for my tastes.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>