Weird problems as of today

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Fri Nov 14 04:45:27 PST 2003

With today's kernel, some weird stuff is happening on boot.

At early boot, right after pccardd initialization, it starts with the
system muttering about grep(1) not being found, and with errors in the
shellscripts. Later on it mutters about limits(1) not being found.

I of course checked, and they are there. /usr is mounted at that time
too.

Also, the system now seems to ignore my shell setting in my GECOS field.
I never touched my world, and I ran mergemaster just to be sure my /etc
was okay. I'm pretty sure I have tcsh as my default shell, not bourne.

My world is still the same as this tuesday, and last tuesday, everything
was fine. Problems started this morning after I compiled the kernel this
morning after a fresh cvsup and cvs up.

Are people seeing this too?

Cheers,
Emiel