Matt's schedule for this week

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Tue Nov 11 19:35:52 PST 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, at 2:51 AM, Munish Chopra wrote:

Garance A Drosihn <drosih at xxxxxxx> wrote:
At 3:41 PM -0800 11/11/03, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Now that the new boot code is in I am going to do a small
    optimization pass on the lwkt_token and IPI code, then move
    on to GCC 3.x, then start work on 64 bit AMD64.
You're going to try to move to the latest gcc 3.x compiler
as the default for dragonfly?  (a good idea, but I imagine
it's going take some time to sort out!)
I believe the actual plan was just to bring in GCC 3.x alongside GCC
2.mumble, which will remain the default compiler for another while yet.
No, there isn't any reason to keep the older version of gcc around once
all the miniscule issues are cleaned up and everything is made to
compile
cleanly under gcc 3.x. Most if not all of these are trivial issues
we'll be able
to clean up in a few days.

-DR