truss stuck in state stopevent

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Nov 11 10:09:37 PST 2003

:Is there a way to clear p->p_stops from userland?  I had an instance of truss
:lock up due to a race in /proc while I was playing with the linux code.
:Now I cant kldunload linux.ko because I was trussing a linux binary.
:
:I'd reboot now, but I'm half way through buildworld.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    p_stops is primarily controlled via /proc.  There are two ioctls,
    PIOCBIS and PIOCBIC which can set or clear bits in p_stops but
    I've never used them myself.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>