any interest in importing pf?

Bernhard Valenti bernhard.valenti at gmx.net
Thu Nov 6 14:54:38 PST 2003

On 06.11.2003 23:13, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:09:07 -0500, Richard Coleman wrote:

What plans do you have in mind for packet filtering and firewalls?  Are
you planning to stick with ipfw and ipfilter?

My thought of that... Anyone shouldn't replace or remove neither, but just
add PF to have one more choice of firewall. :-) Unless, IPF and PF can't
play together nice, then it explains.
If add PF, then it means one of you will have to bring ALTQ in too? CARP
will be insterest to play with too, btw.
I'm using IPFilter but recently looked at PF, and seems like PF can do
the same as IPFilter and more. So i would like to have PF even if its
instead of IPFilter. Also, the rules are somewhat compatible...

regards,
Bernhard