EkkoBSD?

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Thu Nov 27 05:40:08 PST 2003

> * Emiel Kollof (coolvibe at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just saw this on slashdot: <http://www.ekkobsd.org/about_ekko/>
> >
> > It seems that they have a tottaly new GUI-based installer (Although I
> > didn't try it yet). Maybe we can steal it from them if it's any good? :)
>
> Hmm, never mind. They still use the default OpenBSD install stuff now,
> they are planning on a GUI based new one. Guess they are as far as wel
> are :)
>
> Might be interesting to watch though.

Looks like an (OpenBSD) usability project rather than a (proper) OS
fork. Nothing of what they announce (freedialog/EINStein) is looking
like great efforts to me, though it might be good for OpenBSD to have
a non-GNU dialog.

If they don't do it really anticipatory to other *BSD's we won't gain
much from their work(IMO). If they, however, create a well designed
installer with schemes to describe the install, that'd be interesting
for sure.

--
Best regards,
 Max                          mailto:max at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx