Bind update

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Sat Nov 22 13:15:22 PST 2003

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

-On [20031122 20:12], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

 We should probably leave the base system stuff alone until we have our
 own packaging system to replace it.

But if it solves annoying bugs and/or security fixes?

Do you have examples of these security problems ? The only ones I can
think of are root'd inside the design of bind 8.x. I would be very
intrested to see if we couldn't replace the 8.x series with bind 9.x
without many implications.

This is something I think we will have to leave in the base system until
we start pushing
all the parts of the system into the packaging system. I think most
people underestimate the
actual amount of work required to properly remove bind from the base
system as linkage against it is deep inside the tree.

-DR