Linking panic

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Nov 21 13:53:30 PST 2003

Hi !

    Try the following patch.  I have no idea what the problem is, but I
    put a NULL check in where it's crashing and I print out some debugging
    info.  Post the output.
I'm very sorry, but there is *no* output like "PROBLEM".
It won't load snd_pcm this time - and then of course it's
pretty clear why the poor thing panics.
trace says:
Stopped at linker_preload+oxfa: movl 0x8(%ebx),%eax
linker_preload(...) at ... [same thing essentially]
preload_sys_init(6f6b,1,0,1,0) at preload_sys_init
I'm willing to try some more or even boot some
"options *DEBUG*" kernel.
Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen