**HEADS UP** FreeBSD-5 boot code has been committed

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Nov 18 10:37:57 PST 2003

:> I still can neither boot a static fxp/miibus kernel nor a
:> modular kernel with sources as of this morning (EDT). I'm
:> using a modular 4.9 kernel (kernel + if_fxp + miibus)
:> temporarily. Attached is modular kernel config. World/Kernel
:> built/installed appropriately...
:
:Okay. I can again boot a dfbsd (modular) kernel. However, given my
:loader.conf:
:
:if_fxp_load="YES"
:snd_es137x_load="YES"
:linux_load="YES"
:
:hw.ata.atapi_dma=1
:kern.maxusers=0
:hw.pci.enable_io_modes=1
:hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1
:
:The machine only shows the following modules loaded (once booted):
:Id Refs Address    Size     Name
: 1    4 0xc0100000 28a600   kernel
: 2    1 0xc038b000 1c04c    linux.ko
: 4    1 0xc03b3000 17428    miibus.ko
: 6    1 0xc03d2000 1987c    snd_pcm.ko
:
:Interesting that fxp and es137x do not get loaded but their dependents do.
:Also, at the boot loader, if I do an lsmod, *all* modules report to be
:preloaded.
:
:I'm simply loading the missing if_fxp.ko and snd_es137x.ko by hand once
:booted in the itnerim.

    Post your 'dmesg' output.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>