any interest in importing pf?

Munish Chopra chopra at soulwax.net
Thu Nov 6 19:04:41 PST 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:13:13 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> If add PF, then it means one of you will have to bring ALTQ in too? CARP
> will be insterest to play with too, btw.
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

No, as done in FreeBSD, pf can be brought in without ALTQ. ALTQ happens to
tie in very well and the pf/ALTQ combo is very powerful, so it'd be nice
to see them together -- I know several of us are awaiting that :) The
major problem with ALTQ for FreeBSD is the fact that an import is very
intrusive and touches many many things, so it's rather hard to do while a
lot of other work is going on.

CARP is less problematic from what I hear, a FreeBSD port has bee ready
for almost a week now.

Either way they're all technologies that myself and others would love to
see in DragonFly.

--
Munish Chopra