ntfs kills

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Sat Nov 1 09:42:45 PST 2003

On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 12:32 PM, James Frazer wrote:

It's probably my own fault for being reckless enough to attempt to
mount an ntfs partition -- but it turns out it totally trashed my
DragonFly install.  Froze the machine up pretty hard then it
spontaneously rebooted.

fsck seemed to hang upon boot, and a single-user mode fsck returns a
swap error.

Any ideas?  Should I even waste anymore time with this, or just do a
new install?
There are a few major problems with the NTFS code at this time. I've
been able
to produce several panic's while attempting to utilize the code. I
would recommend
against casual use of mounting NTFS disks at this time until a few of
the problems
can be fixed. I'd also be happy to test fixes you might come up with.

-DR