Struct UIO

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 31 01:44:02 PDT 2003

    Don't worry about UIO's iovec, that one is my job.  I am tentitively
    planning on changing the iovec to a list of VM objects, offsets, and
    extents.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:Craig Dooley wrote:
:> Theres a comment to change iov_base in struct iovec to a void * which would be
:> a pretty simple patch, just to cast it whenever doing math, but should it be
:> changed to be more forward thinking?  What about systems like x86 with PAE
:> where a pointer cant address the whole memory space?   I dont have the
:> FreeBSD sources on hand, but is it vm_offset_t?  Is this not an issue right
:> now?  Just a thought.
:>
:> -Craig
:
:	For PAE, all physical address accesses are handled by u_int64_t
:	pointers, just like in FreeBSD, they will be called vm_paddr_t
:	and the kernel code will be modified to use it where
:	appropriate.
:
:	Cheers.
: