shared memory borked?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 29 20:50:50 PDT 2003

:
:I admit, my DF is from thursday and I need to update it to the work that
:has taken place during the weekend, but nonetheless I wanted to report
:it here.
:
:Mozilla 1.5, compiled wednesday on the FreeBSD-STABLE 4.8 of that same
:day is now giving me:
:
:Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 2 (No such file or directory)
:
:I've also seen that while running window maker, wrlib reports it
:couldn't allocate a shared memory segment.

    I've fixed this, but I am still having trouble getting mozilla to
    run on my test box... but it is failing in the middle of fontconfig
    which is where mozilla almost always dies when there are package
    installation problems.  Still, I haven't been able to get it to work
    yet after two days of recompiling packages.  Is mozilla working for
    you with the latest kernel?

:Anyone else seeing this?
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>