Remove BIND, Sendmail, Perl and etc from base?

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Fri Jul 25 02:24:22 PDT 2003

-On [20030725 05:02], Chris Pressey (cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Let me be the dissenting voice here, then: I think the number of
>languages in the 'base' should be reduced to an absolute minimum.
>To me that means: gcc, sh, and make, and ideally nothing else.

sed and awk are here to stay if you care about Unix compatibility and
the ability to use the rc scripts as well as the periodic stuff.

So that would mean: gcc, sh, make, sed, awk.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B