How to start working on dragonflybsd

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 23 11:19:41 PDT 2003

:David Leimbach wrote:
:
:> Hmmm... my "src" doesn't have a Makefile.. did I do something wrong?
:>
:> I used the CVSup "CVS mirror method".
:
:What I've done:
:- I have a FreeBSD 4.8 computer that's not doing anything else right now
:- I created /home/dcvs
:
:(Did a number of update things that were wrong)
:
:- Grabbed this file: http://www.dragonflybsd.org/Main/dragonfly-cvs-supfile
:- Added "*default=." to it, so that the current code is grabbed.
:- Ran cvsup using that file.
:- Did the regular make buildworld, etc. in /home/dcvs.
:
:- This seems to have done the trick.  The end result is not that different,
:though, as it still runs like, and is labeled as FreeBSD, other than an odd
:error with my CDROM.
:
:I'm assuming I didn't goof something up, though.  If a little knowledge is a
:dangerous this, then I'm the most dangerous man in the world!

    I haven't renamed it yet.  I have to go through the dependancies on the
    uname... and also on the compiler tags (e.g. __FreeBSD__).  Maybe a week
    or two or three, I don't consider it high priority.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>