Remove BIND, Sendmail, Perl and etc from base?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 22 23:58:39 PDT 2003

:One more question: Are your goal only to have binary package system or
:both (binary and source)? I hope, you keep both ability in the package
:system.
:
:Cheers,
:Mezz

    It will be primarily a binary format, but it should be possible to
    build from sources as well.   This is far in the future so that's just
    a guess but I think it's been well proven that binary packaging and
    distribution is far more reliable the sources, especially if the
    dependancies and library revs can be guarenteed.