Vinum and alike...

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 17 19:07:09 PDT 2003

Have you looked at RaidFrame, which is present in 5.x? I heard rumours
that RaidFrame is much better than Vinum in terms of performance.

-Maxim

Shawn Debnath wrote:

Can you describe what are you thinking that needs to be add on to vinum ?

David Rhodus asked a very good question, and honestly, I have not used VINUM
completely myself, so I myself cannot present the complete list, however, I
will present tomorrow what my boss thinks about it.
Shawn

"Shawn Debnath" <sdebnath at xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3f175124$0$272$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Guys,

I am a junior at Purdue University and have been a long user of BSDs. I
work

at my university's IT Research Department which gives me a good chance to
get to know what large scale users want. Recently VINUM has been bothering
my boss in that it has severe limitations compared to LVM for linux, and
also is very troublesome to use. Since I dont know how the development is
organized, I want to ask you esp Matt Dillon, if you think this might be
something I could work on for Dragonfly. Perhaps append to VINUM or create
something new? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Shawn