dynamic /bin /sbin

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.ORG
Tue Jul 29 09:22:55 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Richard Coleman wrote:

> Speaking of Kerberos, I hope that DragonFlyBSD will do what the OpenBSD
> guys are doing, and finally remove all the Kerberos IV stuff from the
> tree.  Kerberos V has been around long enough, so there should be little
> need for the older version.  Kerberos IV can always come back as a port
> if someone really needs it.

This is the approach taken in FreeBSD 5-CURRENT -- I'm not sure when it
went in (maybe a month ago), but it's simplified things a great deal.
There are some fairly big KerberosIV deployments out there (and small
ones), but they need additional motivation to get on the ball :-).  The
other thing that has simplified the build infrastructure is reducing the
level of support for crypto-free distributions.

robert at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      Network Associates Laboratories