Building DragonFly (was: Initial messaging ...)

Hiten Pandya hmp at FreeBSD.ORG
Sat Jul 26 10:34:54 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 09:47:55PM -0500, David Leimbach wrote:
> I am interested in getting the SATA driver I helped sponsor
> Soeren to write for SiI3112's :).
>
> I don't know what kind of time I will have to do this....  I am
> currently doing work-work as we speak... :(

	I have researched into updating the ATA driver in DragonFly
	(i.e. 4.x effectively).  There are too many updates that have
	gone in the FreeBSD-5.x driver, such as:

		- PC-98 support
		- BusDMA'ing, for making it work on SPARC
		- Chipset code improvements. (ata-chipset.c was added)

	I would rather wait until the Dev Messaging stuff is completely
	done before bringing in any Hardware updates, apart from Chipset
	ID additions :-)

	Cheers.

		-- Hiten