Synching patch for src/bin/Makefile

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jul 28 23:07:54 PDT 2003

:	Also, we need to axe a few more things, like KerberosIV and
:	netns.  Also, it might be a good idea to nuke Perl from base,
:	but that's a big step for now I think.  Curretly, we need to get
:	DragonFly in a state which is almost up-to-scratch with 5.x,
:	userland wise, because around the base, there are a lot of
:	asumptions made on the kernel, such as some sysctl oids etc, and
:	some particular functionality which doesn't exist in
:	DragonFly/4.8.
:
:--
:Hiten Pandya
:hmp at xxxxxxxx
:http://hmp.serverninjas.com/

    KerberosIV can be removed at any time.  Perl has to stick around for
    the forseeable future.

    Generally speaking sysctl OID dependancies should be changed over
    to sysctl-by-name, but it isn't critical.  There are still a lot of
    hardwired sysctls in use by applications, some not even using macros,
    so finding and fixing all the dependancies is not trivial.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>