SMP kernel on UP machines?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 30 01:05:25 PST 2003

:* Emiel Kollof (coolvibe at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:
:> Well, it panics at pmap.c in the pmap_bootstrap function with everything
:> set to 0; which is kinda weird. It panics with: (hand copied)
:>
:> panic: pmap_bootstrap: no local apic!
:> mp_lock = 00000000; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000;
:
:Also, getting a trace from DDB was useless. Anyway, I do have APIC_IO
:enabled in my kernel... I'll try ripping that out and see how that goes
:
:A 2.66 P4 with a 533 Mhz FSB should have HTT, it says so on the box that
:the CPU came in even, and my mainboard supports HTT as well.
:
:I'll keep tinkering :)
:
:Cheers,
:Emiel
:--

    I'm not entirely sure how to do this, because the IPI code depends on
    the local APIC.   If a cpu has HTT doesn't that mean that it must also
    have a local APIC for each logical cpu?  I don't have enough of an
    understanding of how HTT integrates with the hardware to know how to
    proceed.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>