FreeBSD-5's USB subsystem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Dec 29 22:21:29 PST 2003

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     Allright, it went a lot more smoothly then I thought.  I'm sure there are
:
:Worked flawlessly with every USB item I've got... and in the kernel,
:too! It's nice not to have a usbd.

    Yah, though I think you still want to run usbd to handle external side
    effects, such as running dhclient on a network device, or moused on a
    mouse, etc.

    It still isn't perfect... there are a number of open issues that have
    been discussed on the FreeBSD lists which I am sure we will run into,
    but at least now we can snarf bug fixes from NetBSD and FreeBSD, and it
    sure works a whole lot better then the junk that was in 4.x.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>