KDE successes despite linker problems

Dave Leimbach leimySPAM2k at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 21:44:33 PST 2003

I did actuall manage to get arts compiled and "installed" in
my home directory and I am now working on kdelibs.

I am compiling from KDE's CVS and I had to use

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib as was
suggested previously by another person [forgive me for
missing the name].

I think its both interesting and disturbing that I was able
to satisfy some dependencies using the configure script's
--with-extra-includes and --with-extra-libs [for jpeglib for
instance.]

Here is the command I used.

. /configure -build i386-unknown-freebsd \
--with-qt-dir=/usr/X11R6 \
--with-extra-includes=/usr/local/include \
--with-extra-libs=/usr/local/lib \
--with-qt-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
--with-qt-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --prefix=$HOME/opt

Again... this is KDE CVS HEAD not the beta.

Dave