libcaps intention

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Dec 14 10:47:45 PST 2003

:Is Libcaps the API that will be geared towards doing such things as moving
:implementations of say cd9660 or other file systems or VFS services to
:userland?
:
:I realize it's not there yet and that the VFS work also hasn't been done but
:I am wondering if this is the purpose of libcaps.
:
:Dave

    Not as currently embodied in libcaps.  What I am implementing now is
    a far more generic LWKT based messaging API + namespace rendezvous.
    I wasn't intending on using it for VFS but now that you mention it it
    could probably serve as a basis or, with a little additional work,
    because the API for that too.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>