compiler version

Dave Leimbach leimySPAM2k at mac.com
Fri Dec 12 22:19:13 PST 2003

So it seems that many C++ projects would be greatly helped by a newer C++
compiler on DragonFly than version 2.95.4 of gcc.  3.4 is around the corner
hopefully and contains a newly hand written recursive descent parser.

That may be a bit adventerous for some.  Perhaps 3.3.2 would suffice?

That is unless the code generation and compilation speeds are deemed
inappropriate for DragonFly usage.

I have a bunch of simple C++ examples that just don't work on the default
DragonFly compiler.  Most of which involve use of the STL and such.

Also I can't get arts from KDE to compile properly from its KDE CVS at this
time though that may be due to some KDE developement going on.

Dave