configuration files

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Thu Dec 11 10:26:45 PST 2003

Haha, I'm not doing anything.  I was just interested in everyone's
opinion.  I am aware of the parallels between the windows registry &
shoving all config stuff into one giant XML file.  That was not what I
was suggesting.  The Windows registry is a dirty mess (however it does
have technical merits in some aspects *ducks*).

--James

Max Laier wrote:

<snip>

Speaking of a "config-system", are you thinking about putting all of etc
into a larger xml "config database"? That would be awful as it will
generate the same problems Windows has with it's registry ... so please
don't!